The Australian Football World Cup will be held in Melbourne on Sunday, 6 September 2020. The venue is Fawkner Park, South Yarra.
All teams are mixed (men & women) and all matches are non-contact.
- The tournament will be played on one day.
- 12 national teams (representing Melbourne’s multicultural communities).
- 9-a-side (maximum of 15 players per squad).
- Matches will commence every 30 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere.
- Each match will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, plus 2 minutes for half-time.
- Each team will play a minimum of 4 matches during the event.
- Each team will play in their national colours.
- The top two teams shall advance to the Grand Final.