WHAT IS AFL 7s?
- Teams consist of 7 players per side – 2 forwards, 3 midfielders and 2 backs.
- All teams must have a minimum of 2 females on the field.
- No tackling is allowed.
- Only the forward line may score for their team.
- Goals kicked by females are worth 9 points (super goals).
- Goals can only be kicked from marks taken in the forward zone.
WHY PLAY AFL 7s?
AFL 7s is a great and fun version of non-contact footy. The main differences from other versions are:
- You only need 7 players on the field to play AFL 7s. So it is very easy to get a team together.
- In other versions when the ball hits the ground it’s a turnover, severely interrupting the flow of play. In AFL 7s it is play on, just like real footy!