The inaugural AFI Beach Footy tournament will be held in Melbourne on Saturday 5 December, 2020.
The venue is West Beach, St Kilda.
Please note that, due to current Covid-19 restrictions, it is possible that we may have to push the date of the tournament back until later in the summer. At this stage, however, the tournament will take place on 5 December.
All teams are mixed (men & women) and all matches are non-contact.
- Entry is open to all footy clubs based in Melbourne.
- The tournament will be played on one day.
- 7-a-side (plus 3 interchange players).
- Matches will commence every 30 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere.
- Each match will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, plus 2 minutes for half-time.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event.
- The top four teams will advance to the Semi-Finals.
- The winners of both Semi-Finals will play in the Grand Final.
- Music and prizes, including a huge Beach Footy trophy and medals for the winning team!