Kosovo is located between the Mediterranean Sea and mountainous regions of Southeast Europe, on the Balkan Peninsula.
The country is landlocked and borders Central Serbia north and eastward, the Republic of Macedonia to the south, Albania to the west and Montenegro to the northwest.
The largest city and the capital of Kosovo is Pristina, while other cities include Pec, Prizren, Dakovica, and Kosovska Mitrovica.
A country with a population of mainly ethnic Albanians, Kosovo unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in February 2008.
The objectives of AFI Kosovo include:
- Encouraging participation at the grassroots level, with a focus on youth and community development
- Establishing Footy 9s in the Kosovo school sports curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Introducing Footy 9s as a university sport in Kosovo
- Providing players with the opportunity to compete in competitions at school and club level in Kosovo
- Establishing National Teams (men & women) to compete in matches against other countries
- Securing recognition of Footy 9s as an official sport in Kosovo
If you are interested in being involved, please contact us.