The Principality of Liechtenstein is situated in the Upper Rhine valley of the European Alps and is bordered to the east by Austria and to the west by Switzerland.
The entire western border of Liechtenstein is formed by the Rhine. Measured north to south, the country is about 24 km long. Its highest point, the Grauspitz, is 2,599 metres.
Liechtenstein is one of only two doubly landlocked countries in the world being a landlocked country wholly surrounded by other landlocked countries (the other is Uzbekistan).
Liechtenstein is the sixth-smallest independent nation in the world by land area.
The objectives of AFI Liechtenstein include:
- Encouraging participation at the grassroots level, with a focus on youth and community development
- Establishing Footy 9s in the Liechtenstein school sports curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Introducing Footy 9s as a university sport in Liechtenstein
- Providing players with the opportunity to compete in competitions at school and club level in Liechtenstein
- Establishing National Teams (men & women) to compete in matches against other countries
- Securing recognition of Footy 9s as an official sport in Liechtenstein
If you are interested in being involved, please contact us.