Poland is a country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania to the east; and the Baltic Sea and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north.
The country extends 876 km from north to south and 689 km from east to west. Poland’s total area is 312,843 square kilometers, making it the 9th largest in Europe.
A nation with a proud cultural heritage, Poland can trace its roots back over 1,000 years. There have been periods of independence as well as periods of domination by other countries.
A new era began when Poland became an EU member in 2004, fifteen years after the end of communist rule.
The objectives of AFI Poland include:
- Encouraging participation at the grassroots level, with a focus on youth and community development
- Establishing Footy 9s in the Polish school sports curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Introducing Footy 9s as a university sport in Poland
- Providing players with the opportunity to compete in competitions at school and club level in Poland
- Establishing National Teams (men & women) to compete in matches against other countries
- Securing recognition of Footy 9s as an official sport in Poland
If you are interested in being involved, please contact us.