The Republic of Serbia is a country located at the crossroads of Central and Southeastern Europe. Serbia borders Hungary to the north; Romania and Bulgaria to the east; the Republic of Macedonia to the south; and Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro to the west. Belgrade, Serbia’s capital city is among the most populous in Southeastern Europe.
It is landlocked, although access to the Adriatic is available through Montenegro, and the Danube River provides shipping access to inland Europe and the Black Sea.
Apart from the Danube, which flows 588 km through Serbia or as a border river, the chief rivers are its tributaries Sava, Tisa, Drina and Morava.
The objectives of AFI Serbia include:
- Encouraging participation at the grassroots level, with a focus on youth and community development
- Establishing Footy 9s in the Serbian school sports curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Introducing Footy 9s as a university sport in Serbia
- Providing players with the opportunity to compete in competitions at school and club level in Serbia
- Establishing National Teams (men & women) to compete in matches against other countries
- Securing recognition of Footy 9s as an official sport in Serbia
If you are interested in being involved, please contact us.