Fast Footy is a brand new indoor version of our great game! It has been designed by Australian Football International (AFI) to allow the game to be played in the colder winter months.
As all matches are played on basketball courts, there is no kicking. Players are still able to handball, mark (catch), bounce, jump and run with the ball.
All teams are mixed (male & female) and all matches are non-contact.
How does it work?
- Fast Footy is a fun, social sport that is great for skills and fitness
- Matches are played on basketball courts
- Teams consist of 5 players on the court
- Goals are scored by handballing a footy into the basketball net
- You can choose to score from close range (1 point) or choose to score from downtown (3 points)
The first ever matches of Fast Footy will be held on Sunday 23 April at Casey Stadium in Cranbourne. Games will take place from 2pm to 4pm on Court 10. As we will be trialling this new version and seeking your feedback on the format and rules, there is no cost to play.
If you would like to play and be a part of history, please register by clicking on the button below.
We look forward to seeing you soon!