UPDATE: Please note that this event will be moved to 2023. The change in the dates of the AFLW season has impacted on ground availability.
Australian Football International (AFI) is pleased to announce that International Rules will return to Melbourne in 2023.
International Rules is a combination of Australian & Gaelic football, with a round ball being used.
Australia & Ireland will meet in a double-header of International Rules, with both men’s and women’s matches.
- International Rules double-header
- 12.00pm – Australia v Ireland (women)
- 2.00pm – Australia v Ireland (men)
- 18-a-side (maximum of 22 players per squad)
- Both matches will consist of 4 x 20 minute quarters
- Trophy & medals for the winning teams
- After party for players, officials & supporters