Venezuela is a tropical country on the northern coast of South America. It borders Colombia to the west, Guyana to the east, and Brazil to the south.
Its roughly 2,800 km northern coastline includes numerous islands in the Caribbean Sea, and in the north east borders the northern Atlantic Ocean.
Caribbean islands such as Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba and the Leeward Antilles lie near the Venezuelan coast.
Venezuela is considered a country with extremely high biodiversity, with habitats ranging from the Andes mountains in the west to the Amazon Basin rainforest in the south, via extensive llanos plains and Caribbean coast in the center and the Orinoco River Delta in the east.
The objectives of AFI Venezuela include:
- Encouraging participation at the grassroots level, with a focus on youth and community development
- Establishing Footy 9s in the Venezuelan school sports curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Introducing Footy 9s as a university sport in Venezuela
- Providing players with the opportunity to compete in competitions at school and club level in Venezuela
- Establishing National Teams (men & women) to compete in matches against other countries
- Securing recognition of Footy 9s as an official sport in Venezuela
If you are interested in being involved, please contact us.