2023 Touch Footy World Cup
Australian Football International (AFI) is pleased to confirm that the Touch Footy World Cup will return to Melbourne in March 2023.
All teams are mixed (men & women) and all matches are non-contact.
The inaugural Touch Footy World Cup was held in Melbourne in 2021.
2021 Champions: Haiti (Division 1) and Mexico (Division 2).
2022 Champions: Switzerland (Division 1) and Nepal (Division 2).
- The tournament will be played on one day.
- 8 national teams (representing Melbourne’s multicultural communities).
- 9-a-side (maximum of 15 players per squad).
- Matches will commence every 30 minutes to facilitate a carnival type atmosphere.
- Each match will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves, plus 3 minutes for half-time.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches during the event.
- Each team will play in their national colours.
- The top two teams shall advance to the Grand Final in each Division.