All matches at the Touch Footy World Cup will be played on a soccer sized field, under the rules of Footy 9s.
- Footy 9s is an exciting new take on traditional Aussie Rules football.
- Footy 9s matches at the Touch Footy World Cup are played on soccer sized fields.
- Each team consists of 9 players – 3 forwards, 3 midfielders and 3 backs.
- The game starts with a jump ball in the middle of the field (and after each goal).
- The object is to score more goals than the opposing team.
- A goal is scored when the ball is kicked into the net.
- The ball is moved around the field by either a kick or handball. No kicking off the ground is permitted.
- When the ball goes out of bounds by either foot or hand, the nearest opponent shall kick the ball in.
- Players can go anywhere on the field and there is no off-side rule.